We recorded this video at the 2012 November Bright Boot Camp. In this video David Heatley performs an Altitude Training demo with a cyclist to show the effects of Altitude training and how it can be beneficial for cyclists wanting to improve their performance. Click here to read the transcript from this video.
We run personalised Altitude Training sessions in our cycle studio in Mansfield. Want to give it a try? If you are interested in doing a no-obligation free Altitude Training session please contact us using our contact us page.
Apart from good quality training, altitude training is by far the next most effective way to boost your performance on the bike. It provides a far greater performance increase than any nutritional plan or high performance bicycle.
Exposure to reduced oxygen levels (altitude or hypoxia) is a challenge to the human body because oxygen is the primary source of energy for our cells. Under a state of hypoxia the body strives to produce required amounts of energy with less oxygen available. To do so, a protein called Hypoxia Inducible Factor (HIF-1) sets off a host of reactions geared toward improving the body’s ability to utilize oxygen.
Oxygen is the limiting factor in sports performance. When insufficient oxygen is delivered to the muscles fatigue sets in. Hypoxic Training improves oxygen delivery and utilisation at all levels. In a double-blind placebo controlled study presented at the European College of Sports Science in 2004, German researchers presented some remarkable findings. Highly trained athletes demonstrate astounding 40% anaerobic performance boost (forearm exercise until exhaustion), and 20% aerobic performance increase (cycling until exhaustion).
We have been using altitude training for our cycle coaching programs and seen very good to dramatic performance improvements in our cyclists. It’s no wonder that may of Australian’s AFL clubs are using it for their training.
We are certified to deliver altitude training and have developed our own very own altitude training protocols specifically for cyclists.
We are so sure you’ll see an improvement that we offer a 100% money back guarantee
Altitude training delivers results fast. Whether you are a recreational, racing cyclist, triathlete or Ironman you’ll see an improvement in your performance. So much so that we guarantee that you’ll get an improvement to your cycling threshold power if you complete eight altitude sessions in four weeks. If you don’t then we’ll give you your money back in full.
Real time power analysis recorded on all your sessions
All your sessions are performed using real time power analysis software that displays your power, speed, cadence, heart rate and training stress score real time. You also get to take home your FIT file from the session so that you can load into your favourite power analysing software.
Major benefits from Altitude Training are:
- Improved aerobic performance
- Increased metabolic rate and calorie burn
- Improved oxygen utilisation
- Time efficient training
- Improved physiological function
Improve the following:
- Increased V02 max (max rate of oxygen usage)
- Enhanced power output and speed
- Improved strength and endurance
- Increased exercise-till-exhaustion (ETE) time
- Reduced recovery time after exertion
- Decreased resting heart-rate and blood pressure
- Maintenance of cardiovascular fitness when injured
- Diminished overall fatigue
What you need to bring
- Your bike
- Cycling shoes and clothing
- Drink bottle
- Heart rate monitor
- Professional Kurt Kinetic indoor trainer for you to train on
- Real time power analysis on all your training sessions
- Your training session recorded as a FIT file that you can upload it into your favourite power analysing software
- Overseen by a fully certified Cycling Australia cycling coach professionally trained in Altitude Training
- Professional cycling coaching tips
- Pedalling and technique assessment
- Fantastic music to listern to and motivational cycling videos of your choice to watch while you train
- Fully air conditioned and fan cooled room
- Shower and changing facilities
Actual data from A Grade Masters cyclist after performing altitude training.
Cycling Altitude Training four week block of training including Altitude Training protocol testing.
This is for 4 weeks of training of eight sessions (two per week) for $360 ($45 per session).
Supervised altitude training by a certified altitude trainer at our cycling studio in Mansfield
We use Altitude Technology Solution’s Altitude units.