KINETIC INRIDE – in stock!
The Kinetic inRide is our next-generation watt meter. The system uses the new Bluetooth Smart™ communication protocol found in the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 to pair a heart rate monitor and power sensor pod with the new Kinetic inRide iPhone App* to measure wattage with any Kinetic fluid trainer.HOW IT WORKSOur incredibly accurate fluid trainer power curve allows precise wattage readings at exact speeds as measured indoors on a Kinetic fluid trainer. Firmware in the inRide Sensor Pod measures speed and cadence at the tire and translates that to wattage with a simple equation. That data and the heart rate data is collected and displayed on the paired iPhone. Postworkout file sharing allows you to upload training data to your favorite web site or email files to a remote coach.All current Kinetic fluid trainers including: the Road Machine, and Rock And Roll Trainer are compatible with Kinetic inRide allowing the rider to capitalize on the benefits of a wattage-based training program.AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE 4S, 5, iPAD 3 iPad Mini, the New iPod Touch ONLY (NOT AN iPAD-SPECIFIC APP)
- Kinetic inRide sensor and Heart Rate Monitor pairs with iPhone 4s using Bluetooth Smart protocols, eliminating need for additional dongles.
- Kinetic inRide sensor transmits power, cadence, speed and distance
- Power data includes: TSS, nPower, iFactor, mean maximal power* and time-in-power zones
- 5 different data screens allow you to focus on wattage or heart rate
- Personalized power and heart rate zone info based on rider lactate threshold or maximum heart rate.
- Auto-calculated wattage and HR zones show current, average, and max heart rate and total time spent in each training zone during workout.
- Calorie burn tracks energy expenditure when you configure user data including: age, weight, and height.
- Auto coast-down calibration accurately sets wattage for varying tire pressure and trainer roller tension
- Tracks lap splits
- Ride History logs results from your entire workout history, organized by date in the history tab.
- Upload workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
- Email data in .pwx, .tcx, .csv, .gpx, or.wf files for upload and analysis anywhere.
- Audio announcements include: distance, time, pace, calories burned, heart rate zone and more at regular distance or time intervals for motivated workouts
- Music-player control screen to access library
Kinetic inRide only compatible with Kinetic fluid resistance Trainers and is backwards compatible with all current models
Easy installation, just stick sensor to back of resistance unit as instructed, insert plug and magnet into hole in roller, install Kinetic inRide app, configure rider data and get rolling!
User can choose any iPhone case and bike mount system (not included with inRide).
Works with iPhone 4s and iPad 3 only (not iPad app)
IN THE BOX
Kinetic inRide sensor
Kinetic inRide Heart Rate Monitor
Trainer roller magnet
Kinetic inRide iPhone App (free at Apple App Store)
iPhone and case and bike mount not included*TSS, nPower, iFactor, and Mean Maximal Power are in-demand power meter measurement functions as defined by Hunter Allen and Andrew Coggan in their book: Training and Racing with a Power Meter (2nd Edition).